The Hirer: the named person booking the hall or room or outdoor space.
The Institute: The Trustees of Chilwell Memorial Hall and Institute, owners of hall and outdoor space.
These Conditions of Hire form part of an Agreement between The Institute and The Hirer. Subletting of the premises is not permitted.
Terms and Conditions of Hire
- The Hirer signing this agreement must be 21 years of age or older, shall be deemed to be The Hirer and shall be responsible for the observances of these Conditions of Hire and due payment of account.
- The Institute reserves the right to refuse any booking and is not obliged to give any reason.
- The Hirer agrees to pay a damage waiver deposit of £50 in cash at the beginning of the hire. This deposit will be returned within 7 days of the booking, provided that no failure to comply with the following conditions is identified as a result of this booking.
- The Hirer shall ensure that the hall, rooms, toilets and kitchen are left in a clean and tidy condition and that all rubbish is put in the bins in the kitchen and then put in the outside commercial bin by the side gate. In the event of failure to comply with this condition The Institute reserve the right to recover the cost of rectification from The Hirer and/or to refuse to refund the damage waiver.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or the equipment therein. The Institute reserve the right to make good any such loss or damage and if any costs are incurred in doing so The Hirer shall be liable to pay them on demand or the cost may be taken from the damage waiver.
- The Hirer is responsible for the protection and safeguarding of any children and vulnerable adults in the hall, rooms, and outdoor space during the period of the hire and must have the relevant up-to-date certificates and training where applicable. If The Institute is made aware of any failures, The Institute will report The Hirer to the relevant authority and terminate The Hirer’s contract immediately.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for maintaining good order and behavior of persons using the hall, rooms, and outdoor space. In the event of failure to comply with this condition The Institute reserve the right to terminate the hire at any time.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for keeping all emergency exits and firefighting equipment accessible. Such equipment must not be removed from its normal position. The side emergency fire doors MUST be unbolted at the beginning of the hire and locked at the end of the booking/session.
- The booked end time is the time by which the hall, rooms, and outdoor space MUST BE CLEARED UP AND VACATED AND MADE SECURE.
- At the end of hire The Hirer is required to turn off the lights and the water heater, secure any exits that have been opened and lock the main door on exiting the building. The key is to be placed in the envelope provided and posted through the letter box.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that the NO SMOKING policy throughout the building is adhered to by all persons using the accommodation.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for ensuring that any electrical equipment brought into the hall, rooms, and outdoor space meets current safety standards.
- No alcohol shall be sold directly or indirectly during the hire period without The Hirer obtaining a Temporary Event Notice from Broxtowe Borough Council and indicating an intention to sell alcoholic beverages on the booking form.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for, and will indemnify The Institute against all liability for personal injury whether fatal or otherwise and all costs and expenses incurred in connection therewith, except insofar as the same may be caused by the negligence of The Institute but which for the hiring would not have arisen.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for and will indemnify The Institute against all liability for loss or damage to property, any other loss, damage and costs, however caused, whether by an act of neglect by The Institute or not.