FURTHER ENHANCEMENTS TO THE MEMORIAL HALL
SUGGESTIONS SO FAR:
- Tidy up veranda. Level the floor, power sand, stain and varnish.
- Replace the green netting with clear “breathable” polycarbonate.
- Replace or improve steps.
- Replace rotting wood.
- Total re-paint.
- Improve lighting.
- Clear the snooker room. Replace windows so people can see in and out.
- Replace door – maybe sliding double with floor to ceiling glass or polycarbonate panes.
- Redecorate. Carpet or wooden floor.
- Furnish for use as multi-purpose activity room.
- The “Centenary Suite” maybe?
- Commission a Great War memorial art installation for the front of the building gable end.
- This could be from the local artist who has done the murals in Beeston. Could be along the lines of tye lone infantry man or maybe The Canary Girls or a montage of both?
- Install large clock at the rear of the building above the veranda– maybe with poppies surrounding it?
Rough estimate: £10K – £15K
Level 2 As above plus:
- Install new sloping transparent roof for veranda or renovate existing roof and add solar panels or both?
- Replace existing partition between the main hall and snooker room with a stud wall (soundproofed). Alternatively, install a modern slidable partition that allows for larger attendances at events such as quizzes, shows etc.
- To save money maybe the existing partition could be renovated?
Rough estimate: £25K – 30K
Level 3 As above plus:
- Square up building from kitchen to gate. Flat roof or sloping.
- Redesign interior to include disabled access / toilet(s). Expand “Centenary Suite”.
- Utilise increased floor space to fit needs.
Rough estimate: £60K – £100K maybe more??